The first and foremost step to lodge for a resource consent is finding out the kinds of consents that are needed for the project, if any, and the kind of activity the project may be categorized as. This is basically determined by a regional or district plan. However, if you aren’t acquainted with any applicable plan, what you can do is take advice from any of the professional and expert land development consultants in NZ. The professional can help you identify the kind of resource consent needed under district plan and direct you to the other authorities that are relevant like the regional council that may even need consents.
For a smooth and efficient consenting process seek consultation: Several applications of resource consent can be processed without notifying the members of public. But if the proposal has chances of having a greater effect on environment, you will be required to think about the facts like whether people will be affected directly or whether public should be given a formal notification.
When there are affected parties, consider the consultation technique. While there isn’t any general obligation for consulting on the applications of resource consent, an AEE (Assessment of Environmental Effects) must include identification of parties affected by proposal, any kind of consultation that is undertaken and any kind of response to the opinions of any individual consulted.
A professional and expert land development consultant will always approach all of your projects by:
- Carefully listening to understand the requirements of the clients
- Bringing the right mix of multi-disciplinary skills from the other firms
- Ensuring that the projects of the clients will be environmentally and financially viable, inspiring, achievable and commercially successful
- Fostering creative thoughts and exchanging ideas for coming up with innovative solutions
- Offering clients with a planning solution to deliver the projects timely
- Acting as a project manager at the time of formulation and the environmental reporting stages of the projects to improve the prospects for a successful outcome to consenting processes
- Maximizing development potential for any site
- Identifying the opportunities as well as risks to applying to any project
- Maximizing risks though the process of consent
- Developing a tactic, which identifies the constraints for obtaining the consent